the Suitcase

Potluck Tour Across America! My writings and frustrations concerning the three stages of the tour: 1)Formulation 2)Travelogue 3)Aftermath CURRENT STAGE: Formulation

My Photo
Name:
Location: Lincoln, Nebraska, United States

Monday, June 18, 2007

Courage, my love!


courage my love
Originally uploaded by
renfro

I am back from Canada and have done two shows since then: one in Kansas City at a friend's sister's birthday party and another last night in Arkansas at a bakery in the middle of nowhere.

The first show was outside and bugs were all over the place. These crazy junebugs were nosediving left and right, into lights, into my guitar, and into the overhead and the amps. But overall, the show was a lot of fun. I kind of derived from the set list and got some audience participation for a song that I'm writing. I got to borrow a friend's harmonica neck brace and that added a lot more to the show. All in all, about 40 people sat in lawn chairs while I played under a tree. Plus, that family let me borrow their projection screen which is perfect for my overhead projector. I also sold a lot of cds--which may or may not be a bad thing. The cd is literally the worst quality ever. That's why I'm embarassed to really ask any kind of money for it even though I told myself I would sell them for $3. That night I sold one for a hug from a kid named Taylor. (Way to go, Taylor!) I enjoyed that hug and I really shouldn't worry about money issues anymore.

Another thing, I forgot to burn the cds before the show so afterward I was stuck with a line of like 5 kids waiting for a cd to burn by the time I got three out a whole slew of them left the party. I will have the foresight for that next time.

The other show was at the Pegasus Ranch which is actually the upstairs of a bakery. I had gotten to the Kansas City show a little late and was rushed as to the subtleties in the set so I promised myself that the next night would be better and that I would be really try to give the people something special. So I got there early and set everything up really nice and got it looking snazzy. Problem was that I hadn't realized it was Father's Day so very few people came. Even though I shouldn't be, I'm a little embarassed to say how many came. Regardless, I was very satisfied with the show--something I rarely say. Anyway, it was great fun talking with everyone and then taking a walk through Terra Studios which is across the street from the bakery.

I still don't have any pictures of any of the shows. I don't know if I will.

After last night's show, I'm getting rather close to despairing about the rest of the tour. Will attendance be equally as low at other shows? Will anyone ever bring food? I need to remember to have courage. I need to be brave about the things that scare me because soon they become a cage. This is how to stop anxiety attacks at their roots.

I found the picture above last week in Toronto. It's some kind of clothing store but I thought the name was fitting and beautiful and nice.

My next show is on Sunday night in Conway, AR in the house of Hendrix College student. I'm pretty excited about that date because it'll be the first house show hosted by a stranger. Also, I'll be seeing a certain female which may or may not be giving me butterflies. And I don't mean in a jar.

I've mentioned Christopher Denny before but now I'm providing a sample. Dude makes me cry:

Christopher Denny - "Wake Up"

1 Comments:

Blogger Jonathan Pacheco said...

Do it Do it Do it.

Do it Do it Do it.

June 19, 2007 at 4:38 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home