the Suitcase

Potluck Tour Across America! My writings and frustrations concerning the three stages of the tour: 1)Formulation 2)Travelogue 3)Aftermath CURRENT STAGE: Formulation

My Photo
Name:
Location: Lincoln, Nebraska, United States

Friday, August 17, 2007

Road Trip/Completion

I really meant to update before getting home but Internet access proved to be a difficulet commodity to get a hold of. The picture above is from the show in Portland. Apparently, the hosts forgot about the show (not new for me) and I ended up playing around 10 when they managed to get a few more friends to come over. The above picture is me and Emily with one of the dudes who lived at the house. This house was actually a duplex but with the walls between them torn down and every room in the entire house painted a different color. We had to leave right after the show because I was supposed to be on the radio in Eugene the next morning. I had been trying to get a show in Eugene on CouchSurfing when one guy offered me time on his radio show for the University of Oregon. It was 9 AM and we didn't want to wake up way early to drive there. Plus I have dear friends (below) who moved from Arkansas to live in Eugene about a year ago. I gave them a ring and we dropped in at around 2 AM. These two were so precious to us--they fed us, gave us a place to stay, and talked till 3 in the morning even though they had work the next day. We woke up and Ben got to morning off to show us around and take us to the radio station. We got there and I sang and talked to the radio dude.

They went off to work and me and Emily took off for Redding, CA. Since Emily was a bridesmaid we had to make it to the bridal shower. I drove. Emily slept. I giggled at David Cross. Emily couldn't sleep. We ate stale sandwiches. We got to Redding and I hung out with a friend from Prague. The next day we swam and helped set up things for the wedding. It was on a tennis court. I stapled my hand. It hurt. That night Rheu and I slept in a tent trailer. He went to bed early and I stayed up reading Siddhartha.

I'll finish this later....

3 Comments:

Blogger OliviaLarsøn said...

damn right you'll finish it!

August 26, 2007 at 12:18 PM  
Blogger EMILY STAR said...

ISRAEL I just took a quick look at your site and LOVED it. good writing and briefing. my phone is dead....again. But soon I'll call and you can tell me how you are. ~Peace. OUT.

"the spilling out quality of Christs life is what accounts for the happiness of Christians. Joy is life in excess- the overflow of what cannot be contained within any one person!"

September 19, 2007 at 2:33 PM  
Blogger tyler said...

well dang kid, finish it. if you're gunna be a gangsta, you gots to write on this, so I have some new reading material.

October 4, 2007 at 4:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home