the Suitcase

Potluck Tour Across America! My writings and frustrations concerning the three stages of the tour: 1)Formulation 2)Travelogue 3)Aftermath CURRENT STAGE: Formulation

My Photo
Name:
Location: Lincoln, Nebraska, United States

Thursday, July 19, 2007

As we grow young

I'm in Austin, Texas at the moment sitting in the studio/house of BrandNameRadio where Dave and I will be playing for a small crowd of Austinite potluckers. I'm listening to Dave's new record right now and let me tell you--it's sounds spectacular.

Last night was the show in a town near Houston called Kemah which is a beautiful, little tucked away corner by the sea that boasts sailboats and astronauts. There was wine, spaghetti, and reverb. Reverb makes for a good show. The Hungry Villagers played also. They sounded pretty amazing. Abraham from the band came up to me and said something very interesting. He said that as we grow up, we also have to remember to grow young. Granted, he was a bit drunk at the time but nevertheless, the man spoke truth.

I didn't make much money last night but at least it helped with gas.

My mother keeps having these reoccurring dreams where I end up in a hospital from malnutrition and depression. It worries me that she takes them so seriously. She says she's going to start giving me more money for food. Which is just as well because I'm not sure how far my funds will end up carrying me.

My worries have evaded my for a few days now.
New ones are brewing. I heard about a few the other day.

After filling up today, I looked through my rear-view mirror to see my gas cap fly up in the air. Apparently, I hadn't screwed it back in after filling up. I turned around and looked up and down the highway for it. Luckily, Dave could see it in the road so I jumped out there and got it.

It's awfully hot here.
I will drink some water.
Ok.
Goodbye.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home