the Suitcase

Potluck Tour Across America! My writings and frustrations concerning the three stages of the tour: 1)Formulation 2)Travelogue 3)Aftermath CURRENT STAGE: Formulation

My Photo
Name:
Location: Lincoln, Nebraska, United States

Friday, July 13, 2007

Friday the 13th and I'm not so lucky

It's very difficult for me not to be pessimistic right now.

The Texas leg of this tour was supposed to be the "money-maker'; the one to kind of set me for the rest of the trip. I figured this because I would touring with two friends who live in Texas. They are Dave Rask and Taylor Phillips. I figured they would know people and get us houses so I worried about the rest of my trip. I got us a show on the radio in Austin and Denton and a Dave got us a show in Houston. Unfortunately, that's all we've been able to manage.

Pick me ups:
  • Getting to hang out with friends a little longer

  • The Denton show looks like it's going to be really fun and by really fun i mean it's going to be a birthday bash/hang-out sesh/show/zombie dress-up. I'm going as a zombie and/or mad cow.

  • I guess I don't have a third bullet...

The urge to be negative is almost overwhelming but hope is always stronger. I had an emotionally draining afternoon. I spoke with the mother of a dear friend who passed away in October. We talked about her and how beautiful she was and about her struggle and the adventure she was on hitch-hiking through California. It made me both very happy and very sad, especially when I heard her choke up during really difficult parts of the story.

But honestly, things could be a lot harder at the moment. All of my immediate family members are alive and healthy and we love each other. This is good. I went to a fun metal show last night. That was good. I'm met some nice girls last night at IHOP. I enjoyed it. I laughed this afternoon when putting up letters on a pharmacy store sign. And also, at the moment, a kitten is cuddled on my lap napping away.

I had a few too many cups of coffee last night and stayed up late surfing the web. As it was, I found out a few things about saving gas. Apparently, if you add 10 mL to every gallon of gas you pump, you can save butt loads of gas. I'm willing to try this. Also, I found this other web site that Jonny had told me about called Lifehack.org and it has a lot of interesting articles in it. It has info that helps you save money and improve your life because it operates on the GTD ethic--which is another really cool thing I read up on last night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home