the Suitcase

Potluck Tour Across America! My writings and frustrations concerning the three stages of the tour: 1)Formulation 2)Travelogue 3)Aftermath CURRENT STAGE: Formulation

My Photo
Name:
Location: Lincoln, Nebraska, United States

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

The end of the beginning approaches

This is a picture I found randomly on MySpace. It was of the Kansas City show at my friend Eric's sister's 18th backyard birthday party.

So update...or rather, tidbits.
  • The tour officially, officially starts on Sunday...gaping holes remain as to the dates.
  • Last week was a blur of undernourishment, anxiety, caffeine and inadequate times of sleep.
  • Ky came home from Prague.
  • I had my first experience with excellent California red wine which, ironically enough, was bought in the Czech Republic.
  • I've bought film for my Polaroid camera to document the trip.
  • A ill-mannered and sociopathic daschound gnawed through my Powerbook charger.
  • I bought a new Powerbook charger.
  • I began reading a Johnny Cash biography named The Man Called Cash
  • I have been experiencing moments of plaguing self-doubt and gut-wrenching indecision.
  • I got a letter from my friend Katrina Emery; she had the sweetest things to say
  • I checked out my engine fluids and bought little things for the trip; this is a good feeling: micro-managing
  • As I write this I am downloading the Tropicália an album I've been interested in for about 2 years now.
  • A friend and I have decided to start an independent zine in Lincoln when I come back next semester, so if you're from the area be on the look out for that.
I saw Boogie Nights yesterday for the first time in about 4 years. I was discussing it with a friend--who had admittedly never seen it--over the phone All she could see was that the story was about degenerates having sex and doing coke. But good Lordie if that Paul Thomas Anderson didn't make me tear up. That film has some deeply moving and pure moments I've ever seen in cinema. It was just so inspiring seeing that family of misfits loving each other however backwards and flagrant that love may have been. This is the kind of family I want to start, the kind of family that I want us to be: impure but trying, flawed but aware.

Let's keep trying.
I feel like I don't have anything important to say.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home